Although it has nearly been a month since Marathon day, it seems like just yesterday my feet felt like someone was taking a hammer to them with each step I took. Yes, it seems like only a few days since I could not prevent the "ow, Ow, OWW" from escaping my lips as I lowered myself down the stairs each day. Why sure I can still remember the feeling of complete exhaustion as I finally crossed the finish line over 5 hours after beginning. Not a very fun run this year. An injury preventing adequate training was the culprit.
As a runner you want each race to be better than the last. As a mere mortal, or at least someone not of Kenyan descent, that doesn't always happen. Injuries, weather or just an "off" day can all torpedo your dreams of a PR (personal record). At over 5 hours, I also did not meet my goal of 10 minutes or less per mile. So, of course this means I will need to run another marathon. I am sure by the time the next marathon day arrives, I will have forgotten all about the pain and suffering of the last one. Hmm, that sounds like some of the comments I have heard about women when they decide to have a second child! Below are a few pics from the route of my 5th "child".
Okay, gotta run!
No comments:
Post a Comment